Welcome to Big I Tri-County, Your Independent Insurance Agents Association.
Proudly serving independent insurance agents in Nassau, Queens, Brooklyn & Staten Island.
New officers and directors took the helm on May 2, 2022 at Big I Tri-County association’s annual installation and awards celebration. The event held at K Pacho in New Hyde Park, had a Cinco de Mayo theme with over 80 attendees enjoying the opportunity to re-connect.
Past President Wayne Ruggiere installed Chris Dritsas of Advantage Partners, Inc. for his second term as President along with the following officers and directors:
- Bob Bleistein, Vice President
- Ron Brunell, Treasurer & Secretary
- Rodrigo Mora, Director
- Sean Silvio, Director
- Evan Portnoy, Director
- Brittany Robotti, Director
Thomas Kurian will also serve as Director, along with Adam Erickson, Patrick Marlowe, Randi Rosen and Chris Re’.
Neil Levy was the recipient of the Joe Bonica Award for his outstanding effort, enthusiasm and contributions to the Big I Tri-County board of directors.
The Bob Morris Award was presented to Peter Phillips to recognize his dedication and commitment to the Big I Tri-County association and the insurance industry.
Big I Tri-County and the Independent Agents Association of Queens and Kings counties have a proud history. The following agencies were honored for being a member for more than 70 years:
- American Agency in Freeport, member since 1936
- Brooks Farris Bowe Agency on Staten Island, member since 1944
- Sarant Agency in Massapequa, member since 1949
- Neimann Agency in Flushing, member since 1950
- Ohlert-Ruggiere Agency in Jamaica, member since 1950
Two recipients of Big I Tri-County’s high school scholarship program were announced:
- The Joel S. Pollack Memorial Scholarship went to Mary Grlic of Garden City High School for her outstanding academic accomplishments and her essay on how new automobile technology can impact driving.
- The Stephen T. Dooley Community Service scholarship went to Victoria Gamarra of Oceanside High School for outstanding, wide-range of community service activities throughout high school.
Join the Big I NY Community!
Get the answers you need and join the discussion. We want to hear from you. Ask a question. Share your thoughts. Help others.
To join, you must be a member of Big I NY and will need to log in to access the community.
If you do not remember your log-in information, you can request it be sent to you through the login page.
Membership has its advantages…
…and that’s certainly the case with BIG I TRI-COUNTY. As your local association of BIG I NEW YORK, members have access to a wide range of insurance products for agents, their employees and customers, the “Big I” logo, special membership discounts, educational and research programs that are the envy of the industry, and publications that keep you well-informed of industry trends and all our association activities.
Our Board Members
Our Educational Sponsor
Providing assistance for educating, informing, and enhancing professionalism in the insurance producer community. Thank you for supporting Big I Tri-County.
The Excess Lines Association of New York
120 Mall Street
New York, NY 10005
Phone: (646) 292-5500