Steve was a major influence in the formation of the Tri-County Independent Insurance Agents Association. He was president of our organization, a highly respected insurance professionals and very active in his community, mostly as a volunteer in charity and youth activities. Steve died from cancer in February 2005 and we thought there was no finer way to honor him than to establish, in his memory, an ongoing scholarship in the areas he cherished and worked so hard in.
$1,000 will be awarded to a 2020 high school graduate who has shown exemplary community service, to be used towards college expenses.
- The nominee must be a student in good standing at a high school in Nassau, Queens, Kings or Richmond County.
- The nominee must have an exemplary record of volunteer service for the betterment of his or her community.
- This award is not based on grades.
- The nominee must be a positive role model.
- The nominee will be judged on his/her community service involvement throughout high school.
$1,000 will be awarded to a 2020 high school graduate who has shown exemplary community service, to be used towards college expenses. This award will be in the form of a check mailed to the education institution/college selected by the winner, to be placed in the student’s account for educational needs.
- Complete the online application.
- You will need to provide the name of your guidance counselor.
- A phone number for your guidance office must also be provided.
- Upload a list of voluntary activities you participated in during your 4 years of high school, showing dates of involvement, and the approximate number of hours devoted to the activity. You may include any special recognition or awards you received for Community Service and any other pertinent information you would like to have considered for this scholarship award. (A pdf file is preferred) Note: This award is NOT based on grades.
- Be sure your Community Service Involvement is signed by a school official. (Due to COVID-19 we understand that schools are closed and a signature by a school official may not be possible at this time. Please submit your application even if you are unable to obtain an official signature.)
The application must be submitted by April 20, 2020.