On Memorial Day weekend in 1998, a drunk driving accident tragically killed one of our esteemed members. Joel was 35 years of age and was a highly regarded member of our industry and believed strongly in continuing education. An educational scholarship was established in his honor to assist a graduating high school senior in furthering his or her education.
- The nominee must be a student in good standing at a high school in Nassau, Queens, Kings or Richmond County.
- The nominee must have an exemplary academic record. Please include a transcript.
- The nominee must write an essay as noted on the application.
Big I Tri-County will award a $1,000 scholarship to the winning student in the graduating class of 2021. This award will be given in the form of a check mailed to the education institution/college selected by the winner, to be placed in the student’s account for educational needs.
- Write an essay on the following:
How is Covid 19 impacting you now, and possibly your future, with respects to furthering your education?
- Complete the online application.
- You will need to provide the name of your guidance counselor.
- A phone number for your guidance office must also be provided.
- Upload your essay. (A pdf file is preferred)
- Upload a copy of your transcripts signed by a school official.
The application must be submitted online by March 22, 2021.